Sources and Additional Information
- Source for Current Death Row Population: NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. "Death Row USA" October 1, 2012
- State executions accurate as of most recent execution.
- Source for most Pre-1976 executions: The Espy Database.
- States with and without the Death Penalty
- Source for Murder Rates: FBI Uniform Crime Statistics for 2010 (Published December 2011)
- J. Acker & C. Lanier, "May God--or the Governor--Have Mercy: Executive Clemency and Executions in Modern Death-Penalty Systems," 36 Criminal Law Bulletin 200 (2000); see also W. Sowa, "Does It Matter How Clemency Is Dispensed? An Analytical Approach in Evaluating the Myths and Truths of Clemency Since 1977" (2011) (Stetson University College of Law, Class of 2012), with updates by DPIC.
- Death Row Locations: Provided by each State Department of Corrections (Click Here for links)
- Felony Murder Information: J. Trigilio & T. Casadio, EXECUTING THOSE WHO DO NOT KILL: A CATEGORICAL
APPROACH TO PROPORTIONAL SENTENCING, 48 AMERICAN CRIMINAL LAW REVIEW 1371 (2011); Acker, James R. and C.S. Lanier, "The Dimensions of Capital Murder," 29 Criminal Law Bulletin 379 (1993).
- Female Statistics: Streib, Victor L., "Death Penalty for Female Offenders"
- Juvenile Statistics: Streib, Victor L., "The Juvenile Death Penalty Today"
DPIC WEB PAGES
- Clemency Information
- Crimes Eligible for the Death Penalty (by State)
- Death Row Information
- Execution Database
- Executions in the United States After 1976
- Executions in the United States Before 1976: The Espy File
- Innocence and the Death Penalty
- Related Web Sites (Listing of Individual State Pages)
- Sentencing Information